Frequently Asked Questions
- Exfoliate and shave at least 24 hours before your spray tan appointment.
- Do Not use body wash that has a lot of fragrance or built in moisturizer- the fragrance will act like a barrier and not allow the spray tan to adhere to the body evenly.
- Do not put on any lotion, deodorant, make-up, oils, body spray, or perfume on your before your spray tan. Please come with clean and free skin. If you do have any deodorant or make up on be sure to remove it prior to your appointment.
- If you need to get a pedicure or manicure make sure you do so at least one day before your spray tan. Do not plan on getting a pedicure the same day as your spray tan.
- If you wax, make sure you do it a minimum of 48 hours before your spray tan.
Of course not! Turning orange is so 1990s! Today’s solutions are higher quality and will give you that just off the beach glow!
Your appointment should take approximately 15 minutes.
- Wear what you feel comfortable in. If you choose to wear a bra and/or underwear make sure they are dark-colored. You can tan nude as well (woman only).
- Make sure all hair is away from face and up off your neck. Hair nets, nose plugs, and eye winkies are provided.
- Do not touch your skin and follow all directions from the spray tan technician.
- Wait until you feel dry to put your garments back on.
- Do not wear a bra or socks. (bring flip flops if possible.)
- Wear dark, loose fitting clothing. A dress or loose pants/shorts with a loose top is ideal.
- Avoid water, sweat, cleaning products, the gym, and any strenuous activities that may cause you to perspire.
- Bring a towel for your car seat.
- Do not shower for at least 8 hours. It takes a full 24 hours for the DHA to fully develop on your skin, so the longer you can avoid showering, the better.
- For your first shower after your spray tan, simply rinse off- avoid any soap. You will see instant bronzer wash off- this is NORMAL. The bronzer was originally applied to help you see your tan…your actual tan is developed underneath the bronzer and is revealed after your first shower.
- Your spray tan should last approximately 7-10 days depending on how you maintain your skin.
- Avoid pro-longed showers, hot tubs, hot baths, and pools.
- Stay hydrated, drink lots of water.
- Moisturize frequently. Avoid lotions with fragrance or alcohol in them.
- Minimize the amount of shaving on your legs.
- Pat dry with a towel, don’t rub dry.
- Apply a moisturizer immediately after showering on damp skin.
- Apply a moisturizer twice a day. You can apply tan extender as well. Be sure to scrub palms after applying tan extender.
- Avoid manually exfoliating skin. Also some products can cause faster fading. These include bar soaps, Alcohol based products such as toners and astringents, acne cleansers or products that cause exfoliation such as AHAs, BHAs, Retin-A etc.